LUNCH & DINNER MENU
- We reopen for food on Monday 17 May (subject to government confirmation) and our Spring menu is below.
Note our garden bar is open Friday-Sunday, 12-6pm from 16 April but no food is available other than bar snacks.
You are welcome to bring picnics.
Lunch 12.00pm – 2.30pm (3pm Saturday and 4pm Sunday)
- Dinner 5.30pm – 9.00pm
- There will be daily changes sometimes based on market availability.
- On Sunday lunchtimes we have a Roast in addition to this menu, including a vegetarian option.
- The whole menu is available in the bar, dining room and terrace.
- A 10% discretionary service charge is added to your bill with all going to staff.
- Cured Meat & Pickles £450
- Mersea Rock Oyster £2
- Marinated Olives £350
- Spiced Dried Broad Beans £1
- Catalan Salted & Smoked Almonds £2
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken Sandwich, BBQ Mayonnaise, House Pickles, Brioche, Fries £850
- Rare Breed Beef Burger, Smoked Tomato Mayonnaise, Pancetta, Ogleshield Cheese, Brioche Bun, Fries £1250
- Cheese Sourdough Toastie with Keen’s Cheddar & Ogleshield, Greengage Jam, Fries £850
- Steam Mussels, White Wine, Cream, Garlic, Parsely, Shallot, Fries £1050
- Seafood Platter of fresh, cured and smoked seafood, brown bread, relish & pickles £25 (for two)
- Lunchtime Platter of a Selection of 3 English Cheeses, Chutney, Pickles, Bread £875 (cured meat optional extra £350)
- Courgette Soup, Pea, White Bean, Spring Herb Salsa £600 (ve)
- Crisp Mozzarella, Tomato Sauce, Basil, Chilli Oil £775 (v)
- Maldon Oysters, Pickled Celery, Tomato, Horseradish £775
- Cold Roast Pork ‘Tonnato’ – Tuna, Caper, Egg, Radish, Broad Bean £725
PASTA & RISOTTO
- Smoked Haddock Risotto, Pea, Norfolk Egg, Sorrel £1275
- Tagliatelle, Neapolitan Pork & Nduja Ragu, Rocket, Cream £1275
- Linguine, Courgette, Basil & Smoked Almond Pesto, Old Winchester Cheese £1275 (v ve)
- Chickpea Falafel, Spendwood, Aubergine Zaalouk, Herb Salad £1450 (v)
- Sourdough Bruschetta, Pickled Artichoke, Pea, Grilled Asparagus, Whipped Tofu, Lemon £1450 (ve)
- Grilled Whole Mackerel, New Potatoes, Fennel Slaw, Green Sauce £1450
- Roast Cod, Castelluccio Lentils, Slow-roast San Marzano Tomato, Tarragon, Spinach, Nduja £2050
- Ox Liver, Artichoke, Sage, Caper, White Wine, Crushed New Potato £1450
- Merrifield Farm Chicken Breast, Asparagus, Girolle, Gnocchi ‘Cacio e Pepe’ £2050
- Rare Breed 42-55 Day Aged Steak, British Beef served with
Zucchini Fritti, Sage & Burnt Butter Aioli, Spring Salad
200g Skirt (cooked medium rare only) £16 250g Sirloin £25 Bone-in Prime Ribeye £58 (for two sharing)
Spring Salad | Green Beans with Smoked Almond & Basil Pesto |House Fries | New Potatoes
- Triple Chocolate & Almond Tart, Smoked Sea Salt
- Coconut Pannacotta, Pineapple Carpaccio, Lime Granita
- Strawberry & Pistachio Tart, Vanilla, Whipped Custard
- A daily selection of Ice Cream from Alder Tree Farm, Suffolk
£2.95 each, served with fruit bread & chutney, please make a selection
- Oxford Blue pasteurized cow’s milk |Oxford | soft, rich, buttery
- Ticklemore pasteurized goat’s milk |Devon| chalky, fresh, lemony
- Keen’s Cheddar unpasteurized cow’s milk | Somerset | hard, strong, nutty, complex
- Suffolk Brie (v) pasteurized cow’s milk | Suffolk | soft, creamy, delicate